Retail Sales person - Job Decription
The Retail Sales person is responsible for all sales activities and retail job duties, from greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions, providing product information, handling food items safely, maintaining a clean and tidy retail area.
Individual responsibilities of the Retail Sales person include demonstrating outstanding customer service, keeping the retail space stocked with merchandise, displaying merchandise, organizing & cleaning the selling floor and stock areas.
A Retail Sales person must accurately process payments by totaling purchases; processing gift vouchers, cash and credit or debit cards.
Must be able to handle food items safely in accordance with Food Authority guidelines and the high standards of our business.
Must be able to deal with customers courteously and professionally.
Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting our store’s commitment to excellent customer service.
Develop product knowledge by liaising with the Kitchen Team in order to communicate product details to the customer.
Must be able to effectively communicate customer feedback to the Retail Manager and Kitchen Team.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers and management
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, walking, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least three consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders
This position involves working in refrigerated coolrooms and around wet flooring so adherence to health and safety is required at all times.
This role requires the following skills:
Attention to Detail
Written and Verbal Communication